More than 40% of all fresh produce is wasted in the US, which accounts for over $17 billion dollars in lost product annually and contributes more CO2 emissions than all of US transportation combined. Globally, food that is never consumed accounts for 7% of the global freshwater supply and 308MM hectares of land. Our goal is to reduce these drastic numbers by making the produce supply chain smarter.
Strella uses proprietary IoT biosensors to monitor and predict produce quality in real time as it travels the supply chain. We reduce food waste and help deliver better quality produce to consumers. To date, we’ve monitored over 500,000,000 million pieces of fruit.
Our product is used commercially in high-value decision-making in apple and pear storage. We’re growing the team to improve our product and service higher impact markets.
Working at Strella
We hire smart people and trust them to get their job done. We don’t have required hours or limited PTO. Occasionally, we stay late or work on weekends to get it done. We also take breaks whenever we need (unless a customer is waiting on us). We’re doing important, exciting work and that is what drives us. Nothing is above or below our pay grade.
Email – [email protected]abiotech.com
Please send resume and any other info that may be relevant, including a brief introduction.
Account Manager - Postharvest CA Storage (WA & OR)
Company HQ: Philly, PA
Our controlled atmosphere (CA) storage product is a wireless sensor that is installed in rooms with millions of apples. These sensors predict relative maturity of each room to optimize supply chain sequencing. This is a complex problem that requires significant analysis and understanding to do properly.
We are looking for an Account Manager to continue supporting and growing our apple and pear controlled atmosphere storage business through customer support and consultative sales. Strella has been commercially used in the PNW tree fruit market for 2 years and is growing rapidly. Our focus is on providing exceptional support to existing customers while expanding our customer base.
Reports directly to, and works closely with, COO.
- Responsible for customer success and business results in PNW tree fruit packing market.
- Interpret and communicate Strella’s data to customers and provide storage strategies and recommendations in a consultative role.
- Assist customers with design and management of use cases using robust scientific methodologies to ensure customer and product success.
- Design and execute go-to-market strategies that grow the business.
- Create and communicate custom value propositions and offerings to meet the needs of existing and new customers.
- Support product installation and deployment (primarily during harvest).
- Collect and share market knowledge that will inform company’s strategic focus.
- Background in agriculture or postharvest fields, preferably in PNW tree fruit.
- Demonstrated success working in a commercial setting, supporting customers and growing product adoption.
- Autonomus work style. The most successful person in this role is extremely self motivated, ambitious and requires little direction.
- Willingness to drive long distances, often across Washington state and parts of Oregon.
- Availability during heavy season during August to October, apple/pear harvest non-negotiable.
- Willingness to do the “dirty work” when required. (mostly only during install season)
- Experience working at smaller companies and wearing multiple hats is a plus.
Competitive Salary + Comissions
Employee Option Pool
Flexible Hours and PTO